The branch pipe fittings and PE pipe saddle fittings
The branch pipe stand is also called branch pipe seat, saddle, saddle pipe joint. Reinforced pipe fittings mainly used for branch pipe connection, instead of using branch pipe connection types such as reducing tee, reinforcing plate, reinforced pipe section, etc. and other outstanding advantages, especially in high-pressure, high-temperature, large-diameter, thick-walled pipelines, which are increasingly widely used, replacing the traditional branch pipe connection method.
The operation process of PE electrofusion pressure saddle tee fittings
1. Preparation before welding: the same as the welding of electrofusion socket fittings
2. Scribe, and mark the welding area on the pipe
3. Clean the welding surface, and scrape the welding surface in the scribed area by about 0.2MM to remove the oxide layer, the scraping area should be larger than the oxide layer
4. The pipe fittings shall be installed according to the method provided by the manufacturer to ensure no gap between the welding surface of the pipe fitting and the pipe.
5. Welding data input and welding: the same as that of electrofusion socket fittings
6. Natural cooling, the street should be under pressure during the cooling process, and the cooling time of the saddle tee should be more than 60min or operate according to the product operating instructions.
7. Blocking, according to the instructions of the pipe fittings.
The welding between Saddle Tee fittings and Pre-drilling pipe
A key issue in PE pipe under pressure drilling and plugging is: how to ensure the welding quality of Saddle Tee pipe fittings and pipes to be drilled. When the construction unit repairs the PE gas pipeline, it often encounters the situation that the pipeline is perforated and the pipe fittings are not matched. Since the welding parameters (such as voltage, and heating time) of Electrofusion connection tools or Electrofusion pipe fittings produced by different manufacturers may be different, when Electrofusion is connected, the voltage and heating time of electric heating should be provided by Electrofusion connection equipment or Electrofusion pipe fittings manufacturer. parameters are performed. Before welding, the construction unit should evaluate the welding process of the pipe (piece) to determine whether it can be welded. In fact, for "special" construction such as PE under pressure drilling, it is unrealistic for the construction unit to evaluate the welding process of PE pipes and fittings from different manufacturers. To sum up, the existence of the above problems hinders the popularization and application of PE pipe under pressure drilling plugging technology.
Quality Inspection of ElectrofusionSaddle Tee Connections
For hot-melt joints, check the symmetry of the joint flanging, and the alignment of the joint, and carry out the inspection of flanging cutting. Generally, material problems such as a mismatch of melt mass flow rate, moisture, and operational problems such as improper pressure, temperature, and time parameter settings can be found. For Electrofusion connection joints, the fusion of the joints is covered in the Electrofusion pipe fittings. In the case where the molten material does not overflow a lot, the quality inspection can only be judged from the observation hole on the Electrofusion pipe fittings. Quality problems often go undetected.